Sea Freight Services
Sea cargo offers an economical solution to move large & bulky shipments of significant volumes that are not affected by longer transit times.
Our friendly expert team of advisors are available to guide you through any sea freight requirement all you need to do is contact us now.
- General Export Cargo
- General Import Cargo
- Part loads & Consolidation
- Load & Strapping
- Supply Ocean Containers
- Dangerous Goods
- Personal & Household effects
Please call our Sea Freight team to explain further about any service that you may require or are interested in.
Sea Freight Frequently Asked Questions
In sea freight, also known as ocean freight, large quantities of product are transported via cargo ships. The goods are packed into containers and these are then loaded onto a vessel. They then set sail to their destination. To find out more speak to our friendly expert team.
The cost of importing by sea freight depends on what you’re moving and where it’s being moved to. Sea carriers generally charge per container rates for shipping in standard containers. Weight can sometimes affect the price but it’s usually based solely on the size of a shipment. For a total cost, you also need to consider import duty and VAT. Request a quote for your shipment.
Sea freight isn’t quick and it takes much longer than air freight. It’s important that you plan well in advance. Talk to one of our experts to find out more.
There are several documents you need for ocean freight shipping. Documents such as; freight shipping forms, bill of lading, commercial invoice, certificate of origin, inspection certificate, insurance certificate, export packing list, destination control statement and shipper’s export declaration are all required when shipping by sea.
To find out more, request a quote.
There are five main benefits to sea freight:
- Economical – ocean shipping offers the most competitive freight costs to shippers
- Safe – ships are designed to carry hazardous materials and dangerous cargo safely
- Environmentally friendly – when compared to air and many other forms of transport, sea shipping has a much lower carbon footprint
- Efficient – no matter the size sea freight companies are very good at accommodating all shippers needs and can often group together smaller shipments to reduce costs
- Capable – sea freight can handle oversized and heavy cargo
Seeking sea freight services? Request a quote today.